Tuesday, January 5, 2010

What would you do....

Hey everyone.... Happy New Year!!!

Got to say that I am very very glad that 2009 is over. A new decade... hopefully a new break for my family in the financial, health and stability situation. Actually ever since my car accident in Nov of 08 my life has taken a tale spin and I can only hope that I can find a way to change that for the good in this fresh new year. My health probs though are prob not going to change... according to my doctor last time I talked to him I would have shoulder probs my whole life and now my knee is acting up.... OK has been acting up for the last 6 months... got to go in soon and see if there is anything they can do for it... tired of braces and pain....
Anyway.... lets talk about something fun today.... A blast from the past was handed to me today at work. A friend that I used to be a penpal with when I was 14 brought in an old letter that I wrote her back in 1980....it had a very naughty recipe for Banana Bread... ingredients included 2 laughing eyes, one large banana, a fur lined bowl.... well I think you get the idea.... anyway the fact that she kept this letter was mind boggling since we never really hung out to much, she was my neighbours that I babysat fors kid sister, but wrote letters maybe once a month to each other.... On the other side was the letter itself and I killed myself laughing at it almost as much as the banana bread because I was telling her how I got sent a autographed picture of Peter Barton and she needed to come see it when she came down next time. Can anyone remember Peter Barton???? I also loved Shaun Cassidy.... he was my fave... got an autographed pic of him too..... sent him christmas ornament one year made of sugar...??? LOL

Speaking of sending things to people you idolize.... tonight I entered another contest to win an arc of Broken by Shiloh Walker. Shiloh is one of may absolutely fave authors. I have most of her books available in print and would love to get an arc of one of her books to add to my collection. I did manage to get an e arc of her last work Hunters Need but it isn't quite the same for a print collector like me.... I have offered to bring her a bottle of ice wine to the RT convention next April which is the week before my birthday. I still have hopes to attend and have half the money saved from the sales of my book thongs to pay for my registration. So if anyone else wants to order some and help me out I would love you forever. Anyway.... back to the arc of Broken... if anyone else wants to help me out by giving me an idea of how to get on Shiloh's good girls list let me know.... I am going to be doing a review here, possibly BBB or Beautiful Reads, amazon, facebook book review and wherever else I can get the word out.

So finishing tonight with my other love.... hockey.... we had a very sad young man go to bed with tears in his eyes after tonights loss to US in the gold medal game of the World Junior Hockey tournament. Every year the finals are on my youngest sons birthday and this is the only hockey that he ever really enjoys.... wants to watch and even dresses up for. He does not participate in sports like my other boys and when he can actually join in on the fun and excitement of the game we all love it is really great. When asked by anyone who his favorite team is he always says Canada. I must say though that except for the one sided officiating in the first half of the game, it was a very good game to watch. The US boys outskated ours and were very fast on the puck. We had some great chances and the Campell boy was amazing in net saving the game more than once in the last few minutes of the game.
In my own hockey watching.... my boys in blue and gold are still playing great.... they have their off nights but all in all they are playing fantastic. Congrats to my fave Ryan Miller for making the US Olympic team.... good for you.... your efforts will take them further in the game in Feb. My sons team has yet to win a game in regular play... they have struggled off and on all year, have tied some of the top teams but have failed to put a W on the page.... But on the other hand in tournament play they are 5-3-2 and 2 of the losses were only 1 goal games.... so heading to Buffalo in a couple weeks we are optimistic that they will do well there too. The only problem..... we are going to Buffalo when my beloved Sabres are on a west coast swing and they will not be any home games for me to attend with my son who loves the SAbres too....

Well going to sound off for the night.... thanks for visiting.... keep your fingers crossed for my win of a Shiloh Walker arc, for the boys to win in Buffalo and for the snow to stop falling.... LOL

Later..... Shell

1 comment:

  1. Hi Shell :)
    Thank you for the update post.
    I'll definitely keep my fingers crossed for you!
    Here's to a better 2010!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete