Friday, August 14, 2009

HI HO HI HO Its off to TO I GO

Hi everyone.... this will probably not entail all the details of my recent excursion the the GTA but here is a glimpse of my mini vacay....
Sunday morning I hopped in the SUV and headed out of town..... unfortunately I had a couple of sidetracks and ended up an hour after I wanted to leave I was on my way.... The weather was gorgeous, sunroof open and all the windows down I flew down the 402 and 401 to Toronto to stay at my sister in laws. Getting on the phone Sunday night from there arrangements were made for a few get togethers that promised to be great. Then off to Walmart cause I forgot the basics, BO, mascara, nail polish. Settling down for the night we watched an amazing lightning show that I was told was the biggest in decades in the GTA.... on the 15th floor the view was fantastic and watching the purple streaks that were somehow horizontal then orange the next then even a pinky colour showed us the awesomeness of Gods gifts and powers. This kinda distracted me from the fact that HBO wasn't a channel available in the condo satelite package so I missed True Blood ( NOTE I watched it last night and whew.... is Eric getting sexier every episode or what?)
Monday morning I bright and early I headed down the 404 to Newmarket to get my hair done by the person who was most like a sister to me growing up... We have kinda kept in contact but just passing comments once in a blue moon and it had been about 18 or so years since we had seen each other........ We had a great chat and I left 3 hours later with some very disheartening revelations and purple foils in my hair.... not the crappy stuff that I had before just on the back this is full streaks of dark fusia/purple throughout... I love it!!!!! And I vow that I will stand by my friend, blood or not, to help in any way I can and that we will contact each other some how at least once a week.... I love this resolution and this is one I plan on keeping.
So now back to Tdot and a quick sandwich then I had to get ready for my big tweetup..... the reason I drove 4 hours.... To go to the booksigning in Oshawa, another hour drive in rush hour traffic, to meet and greet Sherrilyn Kenyon!! Yep that and to meet some other friends that I have met online.... Karen Dales, who gratiously drove us from Toronto to Oshawa, author of Angel of Death: Book One the Chosen.... if you haven't read it yet... please do so and check out my review over at Bitten By Books....Then I was to meet Oshawa's own Leah Braemel, who has two very sexy ebooks out right now, Personal Protection and Private Property, the first which will be out in print by Samhain publishing in March. While there before we even got to the signing Leah stumbled across another Samhain writer Anara Belle whom had comments about the abundance of Twilight promotional items sold at the Chapters store.
We were just glad it came to pass because of the storm I already told you about Sherrilyn's flight had been cancelled but she and her cohorts managed to get into town that morning as to not dissapoint any fans.....
When it came time to have the big signing commence we were treated to an added surprise of Dianna Love making the trek to the north with Sherrilyn and acting as MC for the night. Sherrilyn was sooooooooooooooooooo funny and entertaining and Dianna was her perfect compliment. I can see why they write so well together. Their humor was evident in every response from Sherry and Dianna's sometimes sarcastic remarks made the evening speed along. I even got to ask a couple questions in the Q & A session.... Her thoughts on the Twitter fiasco and whether she ever thought of coming out with a line of Tabby Lingerie? To the first I cannot repeat.... LOL and to the second it seems that if she veered to the designing of lingerie then we would not get to have her concentrate on the writing...... general thoughts of the crowd were hire a designer and keep writing. In no time we were in the line to have our books signed.... at that time, after the store had closed, they said no more than 3 items. As I had 5 things I wanted to get signed I was able to hand one off to Karen and asked Sherrilyn if she could do an extra..... not only did it get done but Dianna came over and wrote on one full side of the PB leaving just a small space on the facing side for Sherrilyn. I also had given her two book thongs. No I didn't give her the one that caused Ash to bite me... the dots are still on my hand BTW. One of Bad Moon Rising and the other of Bitten By Books..... She loved them and told me that she loves Bitten By Books and that just made my night.... :) I also got an Ash magna pin because I was one of the people who came the farthest .... one couple were from Edmonton, but they had been in Montreal for something else and decided to take a drive.... about the same as me, another was from the east coast but she had been there visiting and just decided to come so again meh not as dedicated as moi.... lol Oh yeah I also met Angela Patel another twitter friend.... she walked by and I spoke out hey Angela.... I was glad I was right and it was her.... she made Karens night too by purchasing a copy of her book.... I know she will enjoy it....
After a long day and so much excitement it was time to head home the next morning.... As I tossed all my stuff in the SUV my brother in law and I found a ticket on my car..... In all the excitement the day before I had forgotten to throw my permit back on the dash and in the dark they didn't see it sitting there on the seat...Hoping it is taken care of my BIL was going in to the office to take care of it...
While everything was back on track to head home I managed to make arrangements to have one last tweetup on the way home. JK Coi took time from her busy day to come and meet me for a beverage at the local Chapters nearest her. I was a bit early and managed to find 9 more books before she got there... LOL Then even though it had been her birthday last week I got the pressie when I got another really awesome autographed book to add to the AW (Autograph Wall). We had a nice time talking about things and plan on meeting up again hopefully soon if hockey goes the way we would like this year.
So I guess I better get on with my night... it has been really busy since I returned and next week I will be sitting in a vehicle reading while my son has hockey school. Talk later, and please drop me a comment and send over a friend to follow.... let me know what is going on with your life and what you think of when you have a chance to meet someone that you admire and are a fangurl or guy with. Thanks for viewing.... :)

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had loads of fun. I love Sherrilyn Kenyon's signings. She is one the most gracious authors I have ever met. You can tell she likes her fans. Where are the hair pictures?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I love Sherrilyn Kenyon! She is very nice! It looks like you had a great time. :D

    ReplyDelete